The world of entertainment was never so much of fun and was neither so Live ever (literally!) With the advent of smart televisions, the entertainment industry is offering everything Live on the platter and streaming whatever you can ask for, from your favorite shows, series, movies, songs, games and much more. For those of you who do not have a smart TV, it’s not the time to get disappointed; It’s time to get Google Chromecast!
Chromecast is a sleek, unique media streaming device from Google that can easily plug into the HDMI port of your ordinary TV and turn it into a smart TV, almost instantly! Now with the combination of your mobile phone and your TV with a plugged-in Chromecast, you can stream your favorite shows, movies, songs or any other content from your phone on the big screen of your TV. Start with a simple Chromecast setup and you are ready to go (read cast). Chromecast Setup works with all the following devices:
- Android phones and tablets
- Mac and Windows laptop
- Chrome book
Chromecast Setup – What is Chromecast?
With Chromecast, users can easily enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, photos, and websites from YouTube, Google Play, Chrome and more on their televisions. They can choose from over about 200,000 TV shows and movies, 30 million songs, plus radio, sports, games, and more. Chromecast setup works with devices that users already known and also including the Chromebook Pixel on the Google Pixel phone.
The best part is that there is no remote required. Users will be able to browse for entertainment and movies, control the playback, and also adjust the volume using their respective smartphones, tablets, or laptops with Chromecast setup. Chromecast does all the heavy lifting for users, thereby making it a serious force to reckon with considering the other technologies that have been developed. It automatically updates itself to work with a growing number of apps and provides users with the latest version of the Chromecast software.
Features of Chromecast Setup:
- Make your Ordinary TV as a Smart TV: You do not have to buy a new TV to upgrade your entertainment source. Get Chromecast and make your ordinary TV, a smart TV.
- Affordable: You do not need a smart TV yes! And the Chromecast is so affordable you can buy one for every television in your house.
- Enjoy Unlimited Entertainment: One of the finest ways to enjoy your online content on a big screen, Chromecast lets you be in command. You can choose from a variety of content that ranges from movies, songs, TV shows, sports, games and much more. There are several apps that let you choose from paid content, free content, or the content with a subscription.
- Your Phone as Your Remote: Your phone becomes your best remote since you can control your TV with it, from anywhere in your home. You can also search content, browse and queue whatever you want to watch on your TV. Even while it is browsing, queuing and streaming your favorite content, the phone can be used simultaneously for other purposes as well without disrupting the content that is playing or draining its battery.
- Use Screen Mirroring from your Android Screen: You can turn your TV into a picture frame by streaming exactly what is on the screen of your Android phone or tablet. From your favorite photographs, videos, presentations to the social media sites, you can enjoy everything on a bigger screen now.
Requirements for Chromecast Setup Process:
- A Chromecast device is the latest version of the Google Home app. A display device, preferably with an HDMI input. For example, a high-definition television (HDTV).
- Quick Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- The device should meet all the minimum operating system requirements in order to run the Google Home app smoothly.
- There must be regular access to a secure wireless network which should be preferably password protected, to avoid any third party interference.
- For Chromecast (1st generation), connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G network is necessary, for Chromecast (2nd Generation), connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4/5G network is necessary, and for Chromecast Ultra, connection to a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 5G network is required.
- A compatible Android or iOS device or tablet, or Mac, Windows or Chromebook computer is required.
- The availability and performance of certain features, may not be available in all areas and subscriptions may be required for the same. Additional terms & condition, charges may apply in certain cases as well.
Operating System (OS) Requirements for Chromecast Devices:
Given below are the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements for Chromecast devices:
1. Mobile devices operating system (OS) requirements – Users can use the Google Home app on all compatible mobile devices to set up Chromecast (both versions), Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, and also to set up TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
2. The Google Home app is compatible with mobile devices running an Android version of 4.1 and higher, and also iOS 8 and higher.
3. The Google home app is not required to set up the cast from computers. Computer operating system (OS) requirements – Users can set up Chromecast (both versions), Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, and TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in on a computer, and this requires a Wi-fi connected computer/laptop having an operating system of Mac Osx 10.9 or higher, Windows 7 and higher versions of the same or Chromebook OS version 53.
Hardware Requirements for Chromecast Setup:
Given below are all the hardware and broadband requirements in order to view 4K or Ultra HD content on Chromecast Ultra. Users can view 4K and Ultra HD content using chrome cast Ultra and the devices must meet the following requirements:
For 4K content, Users need a 4K-capable TV and a high-speed internet connection (at least 25 Mbps). For HDR content, users will need an HDR-capable TV. The length of the content, the internet service provider’s network availability over time and other factors can impact the user’s Internet speed greatly, and therefore Chromecast Ultra’s ability to show content in the best possible resolution is the best option in this case.
Users can get more information about streaming Ultra HD content with Chromecast Ultra from the website. Users can also learn about the technical specifications for Chromecast devices by reading the Chromecast specifications manual that comes with the device itself.
Installation Procedure for Chromecast Setup:
- Chromecast: The Chromecast can be plugged into any HDMI port on the TV. It basically uses the existing Wi-Fi network to stream any video from the internet to the User’s TV. A Chromecast can also be controlled from devices, which are using the same Wi-Fi network, such as smartphones, tablets, or computers. It is mainly powered using the USB cable.
- USB Cable: The USB cable provides power to the Chromecast device. One end plugs into the Chromecast, and the other end plugs into either a USB port on the TV or the main power supply.
- Power Supply: The power supply is optional, and can be used with the USB cable to power the Chromecast, just in case the TV does not have a USB port.
- HDMI Extender: The HDMI extender is optional. It can mainly be used if the Chromecast does not fit directly into the TV. The Google Cast app can also be recommended to users, mainly to improve the Wi-Fi reception. It can be attached to the Chromecast and the TV.
Chromecast Setup for Android, iPhone and iPad – Getting Started:
Now that you know that Chromecast is one of the most affordable and easiest ways to stream your favorite content on your large screen, it’s time to get started with it. The process of Chromecast setup is simple as well as intuitive but still, if you get stuck somewhere, you can refer to the guide mentioned here.
Chromecast Setup For an Android Device:
- Make sure that your Android device (phone or tablet) and Chromecast are connected to the same wireless network.
- You can now plug in the Chromecast device.
- Use either of the Input, Source or Menu buttons to change the input on the TV until you see the Set me up card on the screen of your television. Switch between a few inputs (HDM1, HDM2 etc.) to find the correct one.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and download the Google Home app. You can also do the same by going to http://chromecast.com/setup on the Android device supported by Chromecast.
- Tap on ‘Devices’ that is visible on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap ‘Allow’ so that Google Home App can access the location of the device.
- Select the Chromecast you want to set up and then click on Set up> continue.
- The application will start to establish a connection with the Chromecast. If it fails to do so, you will have to move a little closer and tap on the option ‘Try again’. You can once again tap on the ‘Try again’ option if you are having any problem in reading the information provided in Chromecast.
- Once the Google Home App gets successfully connected to the Chromecast, you can click on ‘Continue’.
- Make sure that the code on your device is the same as the code you see on the television. Click on ‘I see the code’.
- Remember to change the default name of your Chromecast by editing it and changing it to something specific and unique. Clear the default name and type the new name.
- You must now select the wireless network that you will use to connect the Chromecast.
- If you want the device to automatically get the password for the network, you must click on OK. The password will be done in the field required for the password. But you must make sure that you have Android L or above if you wish to use the Auto fetch feature to get the password. Now you can also enter the password of the network manually and then click continue.
- Once the correct password has been provided, Chromecast will try and connect to the provided Wi-Fi network. If it fails to do so for any reason, click on Try again.
- At times the inbuilt chrome cast device requires an update. If this is the case, the update will start automatically and you will be notified once the update is complete. In case you feel that the update is taking longer than is expected, you can check for detailed information on the Chromecast updates that are easily available on several websites that are dedicated to Chromecast setup.
- When you see that the Chromecast device has connected to the wireless network, click on Continue.
- In case you have not signed into a Google account, click on Sign in. The signing in the process will let you enjoy a better Chromecast experience since you can personalize your features.
- Now click on ‘Allow email notifications’ so you can get all the information about latest offers, tips, and tricks on using Chromecast right in your mailbox. Then tap ‘Continue’.
- In case you are already signed into a Google account, you can skip the signing in process and directly click on ‘Allow email notifications’ and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Congratulations! Now you are ready to the Chromecast setup and ready to cast as well.
- In case you wish to watch and learn from a tutorial on how to cast, you should click on ‘Learn to cast’ or you can choose to ‘Skip’ the process and move straight to begin casting.
Chromecast Setup For iPhone and iPad:
When setting the Google Chromecast with an iPhone or an iPad, you will follow all the above steps in the same manner and order. There are a few additional steps that are to be performed post step 5. We mention those steps here:
- 5.1 The Google Home app will ask the user to turn the Bluetooth on.
- 5.2 Tap on ‘Turn on Bluetooth’
- 5.3 It is highly recommended to turn on the Bluetooth since this will help to improve the setup process.
- There are two ways to turn on the Bluetooth.
- You can either swipe up the screen of your device to see the Bluetooth icon and turn it on straight from there.
- The second option is to go to the settings and turn on the Bluetooth toggle button there.
- You should then return to the Google Home app.
- 5.4 In case you do not want to use Bluetooth for the setup process, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the iPhone’s home button, then go to the iOS settings and then to the Wi-Fi.
- Look for the Wi-Fi network that is compatible with the Chromecast device and connect to it.
- Go back to the Google Home app, by now your device will be detected, you can tap on ‘continue’ now.
Once you have followed all the above steps, it’s time to get back to Step 6 above (Tap on ‘Devices’ that is visible on the top right corner of the screen) and start from there once again
Chromecast Extension Download for Windows PC:
- Step 1: Plug in the Chromecast device – Users can plug in the device to the TV and then connect the USB power cable to the Chromecast. Then they can either plug the other end of the USB power cable into an open USB port on the TV OR into the included power adapter which they can then plug into a power outlet, preferably an AC Adapter.
- Step 2: Connect the Chromecast device – Users should double-check that the Chromecast and the mobile device, tablet, or laptop they are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3: Download the Google Home app – Users can download the Google Home app on their mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
- Step 4: Set up the Chromecast.
- Step 5: Cast content – Users can learn how to cast from Chrome to their TV or cast from Chromecast enabled apps to the TV.
Once you have finished following all the steps that are mentioned above, you are ready to the Chromecast setup for your iPhone and iPad as well and Chromecast Extension download for Windows. You can now enjoy unlimited online content on your TV!
Chromecast Setup in China, Download Chromecast Extension in India, Google Chromecast in United States, Chromecast Setup for Android in Australia, Israel Chromecast Setup, Norway Chromecast Extension Download for Chrome Browser, Chromecast Setting Up Itly, How to Setup Chromecast in United Kingdom, Chromecast Setup for Windows in Canada, Germany Chromecast Setting Up for Laptop, Google Cast Sweden, Chromecast Setup for iPad in Brazil and Chromecasting in Pakistan دانلود chromecast برای کامپیوتر.